IslaTango is the premiere source of Argentine Tango in Hawaii. Offering lessons from internationally recognized tango maestro George Garcia. IslaTango was founded in 1997 and is now a solid tango community in the middle of the Pacific. George stars with Christy Coté in Dance Vision USA's highly acclaimed 20 DVD Argentine Tango Instructional Series. He has performed at the Tango Libertad Show in Tokyo and judged the competitions at the World Tango Festival in Tokyo in 2006 and 2007. George is a DVIDA National Examiner.
- Tango for Absolute Beginners: A four-week series that starts on the first Wednesday of each month. "If you can walk... you can learn to tango" with expert instruction from maestro George Garcia. Class meets on the first four Wednesdays of the month at 7:30-8:30pm with a 2-hour practice session included. See "Lessons" page for details.
- Would you like to take your tango to a higher level? George offers private coaching that gives immediate and long term results for both leader or follower. Learn out how to create that 'Lush Connection' that partners find irresistible.
- Visiting tango instructors - Past workshops with guest instructors throughout the years include Carlos Gavito y Marcela Duran, Hugo y Miriam, Jorge Torres, Graciela Gonzalez, Fabian Salas, Cecilia Gonzales, Christy Coté, Chelsea Eng, Evan Wallace y Michelle Badion, Felix Chavez, Alberto y Valorie, Daniel Trenner, Rebecca Shulman, Brigitte Winkler, Jean-Sebastien Rampazzi, Florencia Tacchetti, Jorge Nel Giraldo y Milena, Gloria and Claudio Otero, Felix Chavez, Emil Sansour y Nazan, Miguel Angel Pla, Julian Miller Ramil y Claudia Lissette, Susana Miller, Cacho Dante, Murat y Michelle, Marcelo Solis y Yanina Messina, Carlos Stasi and Susana Guevara, Julio Marino y Mirabai Deranja, Akiyoshi y Noriko Tanada, Mariana Ancarola y David Orly-Thompson, Facundo Posadas, Gustavo Benzecry-Saba & Maria Olivera, Fernanda & Guillermo...
Noticia: Saturday, Dec 7 class and Milonga cancelled due to a Honolulu Club holiday function - GG
Tango Bucks are back! New Saturday hours for class and milonga - see pages. New item: Club privileges extended to class participants!
The 2nd Hawaii Paradise Tango Festival 2014
Ala Moana Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii
January 31 - February 2, 2014
Super Workshops, Seminars and nightly Milongas (5 nights!) with a Grand Milonga & Show on Sunday night! We have events from Thursday, Jan 30 through Monday, Feb 3rd!
Oscar Mandagaran & Georgina Vargas - Buenos Aires
Akiyoshi & Noriko - Tokyo
Murat & Michelle - USA
Christy Coté & George Garcia - USA
Jorge Nel Giraldo & Milena - Colombia
Brigitta Winkler - Germany
J. Abling - USA
J. Abling (San Diego)
Rose and Sughanda (Maui)
Shuei & Tomoko Abe (Tokyo)
Tango footwear by Jorge Nel's Mr. Tango Shoes, plus Yolanda Rossi's Tango Splash Boutique and more to come...
Most of the events will be in the Ala Moana Hotel - No need to taxi, nor lose valuable time between the hotel events! Saving on time, $$ and energy equals more fun at the festival. The Ala Moana Hotel is near the beaches of Waikiki and great shopping!
We now have five milonga nights in a row:
Thur 8-11pm - Honolulu Club Lounge Pre-Festival ($8,please)
Fri 8:30pm-midnight - Aloha Theme Milonga
Sat 8:30pm-midnight - 1940s Vintage Theme
Sun 8:30pm-midnight - Grand Milonga & Show
Mon 8-11pm - Honolulu Club Lounge Farewell Milonga
On-line registration as well as new, restructured registration forms, prices and information is available our Tango Festival 2014 page.
Register via either of these PDFs...
Registration Form (download, type, and save, then print or email)
Registration Form (download, print, and write)
Or, register online via Brown Paper Tickets...
To book your hotel room at the special festival rate, click here.
To see more information about the Ala Moana Hotel, click here.
Enjoy your winter in Waikiki with the Hawaii Paradise Tango Festival in Jan 31-Feb 2, 2014!
"...If you can walk, you can learn to tango" - anonymous milonguero
George Garcia's "Lush Connection" concepts - Mark Andersen, a fan from the Bay Area describes his own experience of the teachings of the Maestro at a workshop in San Francisco. George's concise explanation of the "Lush Embrace", posture, and axis differentiations of leader and follower, invitation, response inspired revelatory reactions of the entire class. |more| (Type in "4 Secrets" in the Archive Search box)
"Do's and Don'ts of Inviting and Accepting" by Ney Melo
What is the proper tango etiquette of asking someone to dance? Is there a method? Click here for a great article by Ney: |more|
Hot off the Press!
Hawaiii Public Radio interview about Argentine Tango on "Business of the Arts" with host Bob Sandla. Special guests on the show are musician and tango aficionado Miguel Rosenman and IslaTango's George Garcia.
The show airs twice: Sunday, February 27, at 6:00pm on FM 88.1
and again on Tuesday, March 1, at 5:00pm on 89.3.
- One of the most complete and best produced series available
- A great way to review what George has taught in class
- George's best students use these DVDs to improve their skills
- Order directly online or see George for more information