IslaTango is the premiere source of Argentine Tango in Hawaii. Offering lessons from internationally recognized tango maestro George Garcia. IslaTango was founded in 1997 and is now a solid tango community in the middle of the Pacific. George stars with Christy Coté in Dance Vision USA's highly acclaimed 20 DVD Argentine Tango Instructional Series. He has performed at the Tango Libertad Show in Tokyo and judged the competitions at the World Tango Festival in Tokyo in 2006 and 2007. George is a DVIDA National Examiner.
- Tango for Absolute Beginners: A four-week series that starts on the first Wednesday of each month. "If you can walk... you can learn to tango" with expert instruction from maestro George Garcia. Class meets on the first four Wednesdays of the month at 7:30-8:30pm with a 2-hour practice session included. See "Lessons" page for details.
- Would you like to take your tango to a higher level? George offers private coaching that gives immediate and long term results for both leader or follower. Learn out how to create that 'Lush Connection' that partners find irresistible.
- Visiting tango instructors - Past workshops with guest instructors throughout the years include Carlos Gavito y Marcela Duran, Hugo y Miriam, Jorge Torres, Graciela Gonzalez, Fabian Salas, Cecilia Gonzales, Christy Coté, Chelsea Eng, Evan Wallace y Michelle Badion, Felix Chavez, Alberto y Valorie, Daniel Trenner, Rebecca Shulman, Brigitte Winkler, Jean-Sebastien Rampazzi, Florencia Tacchetti, Jorge Nel Giraldo y Milena, Gloria and Claudio Otero, Felix Chavez, Emil Sansour y Nazan, Miguel Angel Pla, Julian Miller Ramil y Claudia Lissette, Susana Miller, Cacho Dante, Murat y Michelle, Marcelo Solis y Yanina Messina, Carlos Stasi and Susana Guevara, Julio Marino y Mirabai Deranja, Akiyoshi y Noriko Tanada, Mariana Ancarola y David Orly-Thompson, Facundo Posadas, Gustavo Benzecry-Saba & Maria Olivera, Fernanda & Guillermo...
Save the dates....
IslaTango January 2015 Bootcamps in Honolulu
Basic/Int Argentine Tango Bootcamp: January 9, 10, 11, 2015
Friday, January 9
7:00-10:00pm: The Five Fundamentals
Saturday, January 10
2:30-7:30pm: Traditional Pasos of Tango
Sunday, January 11
2:30-7:30pm: Improvisation for Lead/Follow
At Honolulu Club
Int/Adv Argentine Tango Bootcamp: January 16, 17, 18, 2015
Friday, January 16
7:00-10:00pm: Close Embrace/Flowing Embrace
Posture, Balance, Understanding Axis
Saturday, January 17
2:30-7:30pm: What's Hot in Buenos Aires
Ocho variations, Pasadas, Caidas, Quebradas.
Sunday, January 18
2:30-7:30pm: Tango, Milonga, Vals
7:30-8:30pm: Closing social practica - open to all bootcamp participants.
Sorry, no drop-ins.
All Bootcamp events will be held at
932 Ward Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96814
Discounts available for early registration and past participants.
email us for flyer and information
Extended hours starting in August
NO MILONGA ON LABOR DAY SEPT 1st
IslaTango's Monday Night Milonga
7:30pm til 11:30pm
Traditional Argentine Tango in the format of Buenos Aires' tango salons
in tandas by IslaTango Deejay
$10/person - Open to the public - New dancers invited!
Honolulu Club Studio 1
932 Ward Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96814
Open to the public, Validated parking
"...If you can walk, you can learn to tango" - anonymous milonguero
"Do's and Don'ts of Inviting and Accepting" by Ney Melo
What is the proper tango etiquette of asking someone to dance? Is there a method? Click here for a great article by Ney: |more|
Hawaiii Public Radio interview about Argentine Tango on "Business of the Arts" with host Bob Sandla. Special guests on the show are musician and tango aficionado Miguel Rosenman and IslaTango's George Garcia.
The show airs twice: Sunday, February 27, at 6:00pm on FM 88.1
and again on Tuesday, March 1, at 5:00pm on 89.3.
- Four new videos being released!
- One of the most complete and best produced series available
- A great way to review what George has taught in class
- George's best students use these DVDs to improve their skills
- Order directly online or see George for more information