IslaTango is the premiere source of Argentine Tango in Hawaii. Offering lessons from internationally recognized tango maestro George Garcia. IslaTango was founded in 1997 and is now a solid tango community in the middle of the Pacific. George stars with Christy Coté in Dance Vision USA's highly acclaimed 20 DVD Argentine Tango Instructional Series. He has performed at the Tango Libertad Show in Tokyo and judged the competitions at the World Tango Festival in Tokyo in 2006 and 2007. George is a DVIDA National Examiner.
- Tango for Absolute Beginners: A four-week series that starts on the first Wednesday of each month. "If you can walk... you can learn to tango" with expert instruction from maestro George Garcia. Class meets on the first four Wednesdays of the month at 7:30-8:30pm with a 2-hour practice session included. See "Lessons" page for details.
- Would you like to take your tango to a higher level? George offers private coaching that gives immediate and long term results for both leader or follower. Learn out how to create that 'Lush Connection' that partners find irresistible.
- Visiting tango instructors - Past workshops with guest instructors throughout the years include Carlos Gavito y Marcela Duran, Hugo y Miriam, Jorge Torres, Graciela Gonzalez, Fabian Salas, Cecilia Gonzales, Christy Coté, Chelsea Eng, Evan Wallace y Michelle Badion, Felix Chavez, Alberto y Valorie, Daniel Trenner, Rebecca Shulman, Brigitte Winkler, Jean-Sebastien Rampazzi, Florencia Tacchetti, Jorge Nel Giraldo y Milena, Gloria and Claudio Otero, Felix Chavez, Emil Sansour y Nazan, Miguel Angel Pla, Julian Miller Ramil y Claudia Lissette, Susana Miller, Cacho Dante, Murat y Michelle, Marcelo Solis y Yanina Messina, Carlos Stasi and Susana Guevara, Julio Marino y Mirabai Deranja, Akiyoshi y Noriko Tanada, Mariana Ancarola y David Orly-Thompson, Facundo Posadas, Gustavo Benzecry-Saba & Maria Olivera, Fernanda & Guillermo...
IslaTango Monday Milonga Ladies Night at Honolulu Club Lounge - see milongas page for details...
Tango for Absolute Beginners Series Classes
A new 4-week progressive session starts on the first Wednesday of every month
$45+tax/person - no need to pre-register, just sign in at the 7th floor desk
The 1 hour class includes the practice session following the class where you can meet and dance with the others in the tango community. Tango is fun and absorbing, a great way to gain poise, balance and fitness.
No partner needed, singles welcome, open to the public
Tango etiquette observed - dress code: Casual evening attire
At Honolulu Club
932 Ward Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96814
Argentine Tango Summer Bootcamps - July 2015 in Honolulu
Learn to dance the traditional tango of Buenos Aires with accelerated weekend courses with over 12 hours of instruction per bootcamp! George's tango bootcamps are a fun, quick and effective way to learn this elegant and classic dance. No partner necessary to sign up. Open to the public. (Honolulu Club)
Beginner/Int Tango Bootcamp
No experience required
July 17, Fri 7:00-10:00pm
July 18, Sat 3:00-8:00pm
July 19, Sun 3:00-8:00pm
$125/person - $220 per couple
Int/Adv Tango Bootcamp
July 24, Fri 7:00-10:00pm
July 25, Sat 3:00-8:00pm
July 26, Sun 3:00-8:00pm
$125/person - $220 per couple
$220 for both bootcamps
$380/couple for both bootcamps
Sign up by July 8th for $15 off - Re-enlisters take $10 off per package
Contact George for information and registration
"...If you can walk, you can learn to tango" - anonymous milonguero
"Do's and Don'ts of Inviting and Accepting" by Ney Melo
What is the proper tango etiquette of asking someone to dance? Is there a method? Click here for a great article by Ney: |more|
- Four new videos released!
- One of the most complete and best produced series available
- A great way to review what George has taught in class
- George's best students use these DVDs to improve their skills
- Order directly online or see George for more information